Several large capacity and high performance file servers provide free data storage via both public domain shares and individual account private storage areas.
- On CAM domain computers, CAM users will have two automatic drive mappings for their home directory (Z: Drive on Windows computers) and the CCAM public share (P: Drive on Windows computers).
- Non-CAM domain Windows computers can manually mount these shares at:
- Home: \\cfs02.cam.uchc.edu\home\CAM\username
- Public: \\cfs02.cam.uchc.edu\ccam
- Similarly for MAC users connecting to the file server
- Home: smb://cfs02.cam.uchc.edu/home/CAM/username
- Public: smb://cfs02.cam.uchc.edu/ccam
- UCHC public share access for authenticated users in the UCHC domain and other trusted domains (Windows)
- UCHC public: \\cfs02.cam.uchc.edu\UCHC
- Similarly for MAC users connecting to the UCHC public share
- UCHC public: smb://cfs02.cam.uchc.edu/UCHC
- For Linux computers in our facility automatically mount the following:
- /public - CCAM public share
- /home - the users home directory
- /UCHC - the UCHC public share
Genomic Data Analysis
The University is acquiring a computer system for direct data transfer from Perkin-Elmer. We expect that electronic data delivery will become available during Q2 2013, which will obviate hard disk and shipping charges. The UCHC High Performance Computing Facility will also provide to UConn investigators free of charge data archival, as well as "self-serve" data analysis services on our compute clusters (including, but not limited to, the Galaxy Tools suite of applications). For more information see http://ngs.cam.uchc.edu/
We maintain a multi-site web server for http publishing that supports a variety of technologies such as servlets, jsp, asp, cgi, etc. Virtual hosts on our web server are:
- www.ccam.uchc.edu - the Center for Cell Analysis and Modeling homepage.
- vcell.org - the homepage of the National Resource forCell Analysis and Modeling and of the Virtual Cell project.
- www.gloworm.org - Gene/Lineage/Ontogeny Workspace for observation, reconstruction, and modeling
We also host a number of project specific web sites for several research groups at UCHC.